[Spambayes] how spambayes handles image-only spams

Sean True seant at iname.com
Fri Sep 5 08:33:59 EDT 2003

> > Cool!  I don't know any.  How's the addin working for them?
> > Everyone who
> > has endured my comments in tokenizer.py knows I was
> > obsessively determined
> > not to penalize HTML msgs, but since I don't know anyone who
> > gets a ton of
> > HTML ham, the effectiveness of all that hasn't been tested by me.
>
> Sorry, I should have been clearer - I know these people, but
> they don't use the addin - they either just use web mail, or
> outlook express, or don't have a spam problem - but they all
> use HTML, mainly as that is the default.
>
> Mark.

HTML mail works just fine. I get TONS of html ham, and I know our customers
do. Since they
pay us to make sure that InBoxer/SpamAtBay work for them, and yell when it
doesn't,
I'm pretty sure the tokenizer work here was _well_ worth while. That said,
it might be good
to have a button for: "I hate html mail, tokenize the html mark up and let
the chips fall where they
may"

-- Sean