[Spambayes] Can I upgrade without losing my training?
ltrag at optonline.net
Fri Sep 5 14:15:51 EDT 2003
First, I must apologize to my fellow list members for the paucity of details
regarding my specific setup.
I humbly and profusely apologize.
I am running SpamBayes on RedHat 9 with the latest RedHat kernel
(2.4.20-20.9), using Kmail and of course pop3proxy.
I was until this morning running "spambayes-1.0a4", I have upgraded to
spambayes-1.0a5 and so far all of the problems that I was having seem to have
been resolved by the upgrade.
In spambayes-1.0a4 I first noticed that not all of my incoming e-mail was
showing up on the review page. Some would show up after I went to the config
page and hit the save button. I had trained 42 ham and 42 spam by pasting
the source including full headers into the Train on a message box. SpamBayes
was not doing very well in catching spam though. This just didn't jive with
what I had read about SapmBayes so I started searching the mailing list
archives for a clue. It was begining to look like my database was corrupt.
Having found some messages that suggested that my system might be using
Dumbdbm and that that was not the preferred database, I downloaded
which_database.py and ran it. It told me that I had Pickle, Dumbdbm,
Dbhash, and Bsddb available. But claimed that my storage hammie.db was none.
After a bit of fiddling, including going back a version to 1.0a3 I managed to
corrupt the database enough so that I no longer got the X-spambayes: ham -
spam or unsure. I was now getting X-Spambayes-Exception:
exceptions.AssertionError() in probability() at
spambayes/classifier.py line 307: assert hamcount <=nham
This was actually helpfull to me, the mystery was over, the database was
definitively currupted. By then I had subscribed to the list and recieved
notification that 1.0a5 was available.
This morning, I started from scratch with 1.0a5 and all seems well so far.
X ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/ \ Against HTML Email
More information about the Spambayes