[Spambayes] Help with pop3 mail proxy

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Sun Sep 7 14:47:35 EDT 2003

Hi Martin,

> The user name for my real email account is
> "m0davis at pacbell.net", not "m0davis".  When I go to
> the Spambayes configuration page and try to configure
> the user name to be m0davis at pacbell.net [...]

I think you've misunderstood an option somewhere.  The configuration page
doesn't need to know the username for your email account.  Are you perhaps
looking at "User name: If you activated the HTTP authentication option,
you can modify the authorized user name here."?  That's for configuring a
username and password for the Spambayes web interface - it has nothing to
do with your email account.

Or have I misunderstood what you're looking at?

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com