[Spambayes] RE: imapfilter.py

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 8 12:41:37 EDT 2003

<http://spambayes.org/download.html>, which takes you to
<https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=61702>.

> I tried sourceforge.net and found a new code, as far as I can
> tell. When I try to run it, however, it stills calls itself "Alpha 1,
> version 0.01 (May 2003)" (see below),

The 1.0a5 release should say 0.02 (September 2003).  It's in the
spambayes-1.0a5 archive, in any case :)

[...]
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'open_storage'

This looks like you have tried to use the 1.0a5 imapfilter.py file with
the rest of the 1.0a4 release.  That's not going to work, because it
relies on changes that have been made to the rest of the files.  You
need to use the complete 1.0a5 release.

> I'm using Eudora as a mail client. I can compose a message
> and store it in my local Out Folder, then transfer it to the
> Deleted Items (there's no option to save a message directly to an
> imap folder in Eudora). When it's there, I can open the message.
> I can delete it, too. I can't tell if this means I have writing
permission.

It sounds like it to me.  If you can store a message in the folder, then
you are effectively writing it in there.

> I've approached my sysop with this problem. He says that only
> the server has the permission to write to the imap folders.

I think what he means by this is actually writing to the location on
disk.  He presumably doesn't mean that the folders are all read-only
(otherwise the Eudora operations above wouldn't work).

If you can get 1.0a5 working, it would be good to see the output from
running "imapfilter.py -t -c -i4".  This will print out a whole heap of
information that contains the actual IMAP responses, and might help
figure out where the problem is occurring.