[Spambayes] Error running pop3proxy.py

Stephen Boulet stephen at theboulets.net
Sun Sep 7 21:47:39 EDT 2003

That's what I've been doing. I do have my BROWSER variable set.

$ python /usr/bin/pop3proxy.py -b
SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Beta2, version 0.2 (September 2003),
using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Web Interface Alpha3, version 0.03
and engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003).

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pop3proxy.py", line 820, in ?
    run()
  File "/usr/bin/pop3proxy.py", line 814, in run
    start(state=state)
  File "/usr/bin/pop3proxy.py", line 752, in start
    main(state.servers, state.proxyPorts, state.uiPort, state.launchUI)
  File "/usr/bin/pop3proxy.py", line 729, in main
    _createProxies(servers, proxyPorts)
  File "/usr/bin/pop3proxy.py", line 707, in _createProxies
    listener = BayesProxyListener(server, serverPort, proxyPort)
  File "/usr/bin/pop3proxy.py", line 299, in __init__
    Dibbler.Listener.__init__(self, proxyPort, BayesProxy, proxyArgs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/spambayes/Dibbler.py", line 267, in
__init__
    self.bind(port)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/asyncore.py", line 312, in bind
    return self.socket.bind (addr)
socket.error: (13, 'Permission denied')

--
Stephen