[Spambayes] Mailing Lists

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Sep 9 13:00:48 EDT 2003

> I subscribe to a number of mailing lists.  All of these are
> ham.  They always come from / to a consistent e-mail address.
However,
> I can't seem to find a way to inform SpamBayes that all of these are
ham.
> I have trained on them and on spam (balanced training).   It continues
> misclassify some of the mailing list e-mail due to certain tokens
> (legitimate uses of them).
>
> Any suggestions on how to handle this?

The problem here is that spam might still come from those lists.  Can
you give an example of a message that is being misclassified (including
the clues for the message)?  (And by misclassified, do you mean as
unsure or as spam?).

One way around this (although sufficient training should stop this) is
to not filter that mail.  Have a rule in your mail client move these
messages into a separate folder and don't have spambayes filter that
folder.  (BTW, it's great if you can include the mail client and
spambayes application that you are using when you post; it makes
comments like this clearer).