[Spambayes] Eudora Filters

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Wed Sep 10 12:43:37 EDT 2003

> It seems that Eudora is not able to "see" the Spambayes
> headers and so the filtering process misses them and does not
> move the e-mails to an appropriate folder.

What version of Eudora is this?  It works for me with (Windows) Eudora
5.2.

> I've set up 2 filters for "ham" and "spam" headers but they are not
> working.  I've classified the filtering variously on <body>
> and on <any header> but still no-go.

Try looking for the exact "X-Spambayes-Classification" header.  This is
an example rule from my filters.pce:

"""
rule SpamBayes-Spam
transfer Junk Mail.mbx
incoming
manual
header X-Spambayes-Classification
verb contains
value spam
conjunction ignore
header
verb contains
value
"""

(This was set up via the Eudora GUI, though).