[Spambayes] Error in classifier.py?

Martin Davis m0davis at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 10 11:41:12 EDT 2003

(Forgive me if this message has been sent more than
once.)

I finally thought I had Spambayes' pop3proxy working
when Istarted getting the following error (see below)
whenever I try toreceieve an email message.  I am
running Mozilla 1.5b on Windows XPPro.  Note that is
was working correctly for a short while.  I don'tknow
what happened to cause the error.  I do notice that
Spambayes WebInterface reports  "Totalemails trained:
Spam: 5 Ham: 92".  However, I know that recently there
were as many as 10spam messages and 100 ham messages.

Please help.  Thanks.

Error dump follows:

SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Beta2, version 0.2 (September
2003),
using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Web Interface Alpha3,
version 0.03
and engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003).

proxyingsmtp.pacbell.yahoo.com:
25
Listener on port 110 is proxying
pop.pacbell.yahoo.com:110
User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python23\Scripts\pop3proxy.py", line 437,
inonRetr
    evidence=True)

File"C:\PROGRA~1\Python23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\classifier.py",
line22
3, in chi2_spamprob
    clues = self._getclues(wordstream)

File"C:\PROGRA~1\Python23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\classifier.py",
line46
0, in _getclues
    prob = self.probability(record)

File"C:\PROGRA~1\Python23\Lib\site-packages\spambayes\classifier.py",
line31
0, in probability
    assert spamcount <= nspam
AssertionError