[Spambayes] Problem with SpamBayes

Richard Cook awhig at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 19:53:39 EDT 2003

Yes, I'm logging on as two different users. One works, the one I installed the plug in as, and one doesn't. The db and config file are stored in two different "document and settings" folders. The one that works has a 600K + db file, and the mine is still at the 24K default size...

I'm willing to run the source code version. Can I install that version and have it be executed from the plugin?

Thanks,
Rich

Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> I started using the plugin on my wife's profile on the
> machine and it worked great. I then tried to use it in my
> profile, and the plugin does not work at all.

When you say "profile", do you mean a different Outlook profile, or a
different Windows user name? If you mean different "Outlook Profile", I
assume this then means from the same Windows user?

None of that should be a problem, but it may be relevant :)

> I try to train the SpamBayes and it fails to see any
> messages. It finishes the training in a split second and ends
> up saying it has 0 good message and 0 spam. Trying to get the
> training to see a message, I selected all my folder to train
> on, and managed to get 1 message to appear as good. I put the
> folders back to their proper settings, retrained and got the
> 0 good 0 spam result again...
>
> If I try and delete a message as Spam it always says, "No
> filterable mail items are selected".

This is very strange. Do all of your messages in Outlook's message lists
have a normal envelope icon?

Either way, I have opened
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=804075&group_id=61
702&atid=498103 to track this - you may like to "monitor" this bug. In the
meantime, I am afraid I am stumped unless you are willing to setup and run
the "source code" version (see the SpamBayes pages). This would allow me to
send you quick updates to nail the problem and have the fix wind up in the
next binary.

Mark.