[Spambayes] Error in classifier.py?

Martin Davis m0davis at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 11 08:19:11 EDT 2003

(Again, forgive me if this message was sent more than
once... I have been having trouble with sending email
with Mozilla for an entire day---now switching to
web-based email.)

Richie, it was possibly training at the time I closed
the DOS box.  I can't remember.

I guess the real solution would be to have it running
as a "real" windows app in the system tray?  I've
tried running "pop3proxy_tray", but I haven't had any
luck.  I get this:

C:\Program Files\Python23\Scripts>pop3proxy_tray.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python23\Scripts\pop3proxy_tray.py", line 209,
in ?
    main()
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python23\Scripts\pop3proxy_tray.py", line 205,
in main
    w = MainWindow()
  File "C:\Program
Files\Python23\Scripts\pop3proxy_tray.py", line 90, in
__init
__
    nid = (self.hwnd, 0, flags, WM_TASKBAR_NOTIFY,
self.hstartedicon, "SpamBayes
")
AttributeError: 'MainWindow' object has no attribute
'hstartedicon'

[Richie Hindle]

>Possibly - could you have been training at the time
you closed it down?  I
>(kind of speculatively) fixed a bug whereby the
database could become
>corrupt because of improper shutdown, and that fix is
in 1.0a5.  But if
>you kill it *during* training, it could still cause
corruption.  If you're
>weren't training at the time, my fix may not have
been worth the bits it