[Spambayes] Doesn't do filtering automatically

Eric Bjornson ebjornson at senvid.com
Thu Sep 11 14:27:34 EDT 2003

I'm a first-time user and I just installed SpamBayes as a plugin
for my Outlook 2000.  I did the training, I assigned the folder
so the filter status says "Watching 'Inbox'...", and the checkbox
shows that it is enabled.

I can manually filter messages by using the "Filter Messages..."
dialog, but when new email arrives it doesn't do it automatically.
I've tried adding a delay by using the Advanced Tab and enabling
a filter timer of 5 seconds, but it doesn't seem to help.
I hope there's just some simple step that I've forgotten, but it
isn't clear what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Eric