[Spambayes] Question about filtering with Blackberry device

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Thu Sep 11 17:00:32 EDT 2003

From: Rick Hansen [mailto:rhansen at fortressinv.com]
> If an email is spam, I wish to get it
> filtered to spam and never redirected
> to my Blackberry device (by the server).
> Is this possible?

Your organization needs to install a filter that works at the SMTP
level, or at least the Exchange AVAPI level, so spam gets filtered
before the Blackberry Enterprise software can forward it.

We use iHateSpam Server Edition from http://www.sunbelt-software.com, it
works fairly well, with 90-95% capture rates. There are literally dozens
of other players in the Exchange anti-spam market space, some are
McAffee, Computer Associates, Trend Micro, Symantec.

You also might want to look at http://assp.sf.net for an open-source
Bayesian filter.

In any case, you're going to have to involve your IT people to get
something working.

Regards,
	Ryan