[Spambayes] I think that I have found a bug in SpamBayes

Lanny Trager ltrag at optonline.net
Fri Sep 12 13:00:28 EDT 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 12:10, Peter B. Harrison, MD wrote:
> I find routinely when I logon in the morning that 80% or so of my mail is
> not rated by SB: The spam score field is blank.  I just close outlook, then
> re-open it, and everything gets processed fine.  It seems that now that I
> have cable modem, either Outlook, SB, or both is too busy to do what I want
> initially, but once the unread mail is loaded, SB scores it easily.

Because I am using pop3proxy on a Linux machine to Kmail, I don't have the
option that you mention.  Additionally, when SB misses mail in my setup I
have to search through headers and then cut and paste the e-mails into the SB
web GUI.  This is really a pain the neck.

I think that Tim Peters response to this thread however give a hint at a
possible solution.  Unfortunately, there are no options for "Processing start
delay" or "Delay between processing items" in the pop3proxy GUI.

If one of the SB developers could give me a hint about where to invoke these
options with my setup (pop3proxy - Kmail) I would be happy to alter the code
and test it on my system.

> This is a minor irritant, and during the day, because there is usually not
> a big dump of new mail, it seems to not be a problem.  I LOVE SpamBayes.
> Thanks to all those putting in the effort.

I have high hopes for SpamBayes and also would like to thank all those putting
in the effort.