[Spambayes] RE: I think that I have found a bug in SpamBayes

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Sat Sep 13 14:04:04 EDT 2003

I proposed this before, but I don't think anyone picked up on it.....

I'll bet that a large percentage of the Spambayes-on-Outlook user community picks up its mail via Exchange Server. If your inbox is in your Exchange mailbox, then any Outlook rule whose destination is another inbox folder will be executed on the server, before the client ever sees the message. I think this means that such rules will never conflict with Spambayes, which works only on the client.

If anybody thinks this isn't how things work, please say so. Otherwise, I think Exchange users can quit worrying about interference between the two rulesets.

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165