[Spambayes] Still getting horrible results from SpamBayes -Anyadvice?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 19:37:32 EDT 2003

[Peter Beckman]
> Hmmm.  Tony, anyone?  I know that every piece of mail that is either
> trained or processed by SpamBayes has a header added to it.  If your
> mail DOES NOT have a header to it, it would lead me to believe that
> there is either a configuration problem or it is working correctly
> and it just works differently using the Outlook plugin.
>
> Comments?

The Outlook addin is deeply integrated with Outlook, and doesn't add
anything directly to messages (in particular, it doesn't add any new header
lines).  Instead the Outlook addin attaches a piece of "spam score" metadata
to the message, which Outlook can display in a view column, and sort on
(etc).  Support for user-defined metadata is an Outlook feature the addin
exploits.