[Spambayes] SpamBayes Outlook Plugin

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 10:13:00 EDT 2003

[Kundalia, Biren]
> We've been looking at the Outlook plugin (versions 006 through 008) on
> Outlook XP / WindowsXP, and are quite impressed by the results.

Glad to hear it!

> We were wondering if you had any sort of paid support model in place
> for it, and if not, did you have any plans for establishing one?

We're not a company, we're volunteers spread around the world who work on
SpamBayes in our spare time.  So the idea of paid support is something each
individual here has to decide for themself.  Mark Hammond-- who wrote the
vast bulk of the Outlook addin --is a self-employed consultant, so would
presumably consider paid SpamBayes support to the extent that his schedule
allowed and rates were competitive with his other consultancy work.

Note that at least one commercial product happens to build on the SpamBayes
code (our code is free for use by anyone, for any purpose):

    http://www.inboxer.com/

Most people submit bug reports on our SourceForge site:

    http://sf.net/tracker/?group_id=61702&atid=498103

You can browse that-- and the spambayes mailing list archives --to judge the
quality of support you can probably expect to get without cost.  If you want
to tell people what to do, and/or on your schedule, then free support
probably won't work well for you.