[Spambayes] (no subject)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 15 18:28:37 EDT 2003

> Spambayes is very good, thank you for a great bit of code.
> However, it would be nice if the app would automatically mark
> spam and "maybe spam" as read,

You can do this.  Please see the configuration guide, which is linked
from the 'about spambayes' page (in the Help menu of the main SpamBayes
drop-down menu).  The options that you're after are on the 'filtering'
and 'training' tabs of the main dialog.  (Assuming that you are using
version 008.1).

> so the new email flag wouldn't
> keep lighting up, and pretty much forcing me to look at the
> "unread" spam, which is highlighted.

This is a different issue.  Please see FAQ 3.9:

<http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#how-can-i-get-rid-of-the-enve
lope-tray-icon-for-spam>