[Spambayes] Obvious Spam Missed...

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 14:53:07 EDT 2003

[Peter N. Kipe]
> I've had SpamBayes installed for over a month now, and while it IS
> helping, I'm not seeing the results I was expecting.  I installed
> SpamBayes-Outlook-Setup-006.exe dated 8-6-2003, size 3,391,736 bytes.
> I'm using Outlook 2002 SP2 on WinXP Pro.  My e-mail is served by my
> ISP's POP3 server.

How many total spam have you trained on, and how many total ham?  spambayes
works best if those are approximately equal numbers.  If you have a large
imbalance, close Outlook, find your default_bayes_customize.ini file and
change the line

experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment: True

experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment: False

then start Outlook again.  You don't need to retrain after this.  Then let
us know whether that helped.