[Spambayes] Obvious Spam Missed...

Dave Hall dave at dnh.sk.ca
Tue Sep 16 15:56:29 EDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 02:45:07PM -0500, Ryan Malayter wrote:
> From: Tim Peters [mailto:tim.one at comcast.net]
> > If you have a large imbalance, close Outlook,
> > find your default_bayes_customize.ini file and
> > change the line
>
> Tim, can you quantify "a large imbalnace"? Is a 2:1 ratio significant
> enough to cause problems, or would it have to be something on the order
> of 10:1?
>
> I'm getting a 98% capture rate after training with a 2:1 ham-to-spam
> ratio, but other folks seem to be having troubles.

I trained with a little over 500 ham and 1500 spam, so far nothing has been
misclassified and only a few unsures in just over a week of use.  It even
captured a bunch of double-bounced spam to mailer-daemon on my server (it
gets delivered to my inbox).   A 1:3 ratio does not seem to skew things,
at least not for my typical mail.

--

Dave