[Spambayes] Obvious Spam Missed...

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Tue Sep 16 16:11:45 EDT 2003

[Dave Hall]
> I trained with a little over 500 ham and 1500 spam, so far nothing
> has been misclassified and only a few unsures in just over a week of
> use.  It even captured a bunch of double-bounced spam to
> mailer-daemon on my server (it gets delivered to my inbox).   A 1:3
> ratio does not seem to skew things, at least not for my typical mail.

It's more complicated than that <wink>:  the experimental_ham_spam_imbalance
option is enabled by default in the Outlook client, but disabled by default
for all other spambayes applications.  So unless we know how you're using
spambayes, your testimony isn't telling us whether the option isn't needed
for your 1:3 imbalance, or that the option is helping with your 1:3
imbalance.