[Spambayes] Obvious Spam Missed...

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Tue Sep 16 17:48:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Ryan Malayter wrote:

> From: Skip Montanaro [mailto:skip at pobox.com]
> > ("yup, that's ham <check>. yup, that's ham <check>....),
> > declaring all the mailboxes which are full of ham
> > to the Outlook plugin.  Most people don't save the
> > spam they receive, so doing that would cause them to
> > immediately start off with a horrible imbalance.
>
> > To make matters worse, if much of the ham saved is
> > very old, it may not accurately reflect what current
> > ham looks like.

What about including a "starter" HammieDB, something that changes over
time, based on a bunch of different people's settings.

By starting with a nice ratio, hopefully most of the spam will go to the
right place, and in the beginning, a lot of ham might be classified as
"unsure", but that would happen anyway.

At least most of the current "spam" would get marked as such.

I know, email is a very personal thing and can't be "generalized" but I
wonder if this would help in some cases where the people were less than
aware of the ham/spam training stuff.