[Spambayes] Obvious Spam Missed...

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Sep 16 19:20:43 EDT 2003

> Since it's so easy to suck existing mailboxes into the
> Outlook plugin, perhaps it should warn the user if the
> ham:spam ratio gets too out-of-whack.

I think this is probably a good idea.  What "too out-of-whack" is, I
don't know - maybe 5:1? 10:1?  (or vice-versa, obviously).  I'm pretty
sure that somewhere in the docs it mentions that a balanced set of data
is good, but I don't imagine many people actually read that bit, so
simply pointing out what is good once they are going wrong will probably
help a lot.  At the very least it might help people fix the problem
themselves, rather than using the list ;)