[Spambayes] imapfilter.py keeps adding new spambayes headers tomessages

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Sep 19 20:30:46 EDT 2003

> This problem has a history. I encountered it with 1.0a5 and
> posted to this list. It was solved by updating message.py.
> This seemed to work. After a while the problem reappeared.
[...]
> This time, however, only some of the messages in my inbox got
> new headers with each time I classified. Those were usually the
> newest messages.

Headers are added if imapfilter can't find a message with that id in the
messageinfo database.  This sounds like your messageinfo database isn't
being updated.  Could you check that?  In your config, do you have your
messageinfo database location set as a fully qualified path?  (i.e.
something like "C:\spambayes\messageinfo.db", not something like
"messageinfo.db").

> (Interestingly, when I moved some of the messages to another
> folder and then moved them back, imapfilter.py left them alone
> the next time I classified my inbox.)

This is strange.  You can't actually move an IMAP message (it's a stupid
protocol), only copy between folders, so this is identical to having new
messages arrive.

> I didn't report this
> problem again because I was hoping 1.0a6 would solve it. I
> know now that it doesn't!

For future reference, please report!  If it was solved, then we could
quickly let you know that, and if it isn't, then it's better to try and
get it fixed before the release.