[Spambayes] minor UI suggestion for web page

Frank Stajano fms27 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Sep 20 00:24:43 EDT 2003

The title of the html pages generated by the UI web server doesn't mention
spambayes, and it should. When you see the window title of the web browser
in the taskbar, you can't easily tell this web browser window from other
open ones if it says just "Home > Configuration" (probably truncated to
"Home > Con" or some such anyway). It would be nicer if it had a
"Spambayes" prefix as the root of this hierarchy.

As a quick hack I went to spambayes-1.0a4/spambayes/UserInterface.py and
edited the line
         html.title = name
(around line 125) into
         # fms: make the title of the browser less generic in the taskbar
         html.title =  "Spambayes " + name

This fixed the main "home" page and the "review messages" page, but not the
"configuration" page. I didn't chase this up, but this in turn seems to
suggest that the "configuration" page changes its title in a non-standard
way compared to the rest of this impressive and elaborate page generation
framework.

   Frank (filologo disneyano) http://www-lce.eng.cam.ac.uk/~fms27/