[Spambayes] Messages fail to filter

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Mon Sep 22 13:47:26 EDT 2003

From: Rick Reid [mailto:Rick.Reid at uk.anker-systems.com]
> BTW Do you keep those 2800 spams around in your
> email client? I thought it would be safe to dlete
> them once Spambayes had processed them.

I keep them around, for three reasons:

  1) my spamBayes DB could get corrupted and I need to
      re-train from scratch (this has never happened to
      me yet, but others have reported the issue with
      earlier versions of SpamBayes)
  2) I test out other spam filters with them, including
      mail-server-level filters that we use across our
      whole organization
  3) They only take up 11 MB, and we have our mailbox
      limits set at 320 MB, so I have plenty of room
      without resorting to a separate PST file