[Spambayes] sb_xmlrpcserver.py problems...

Jeremy Zawodny Jeremy at Zawodny.com
Mon Sep 22 18:02:27 EDT 2003

As a newcomer to the SpamBayes world, I'm impressed.  I've been using
SpamAssassin for a while and have found that SpamBayes does an equally
excellent job.  The two of them together catch nearly everything.

Now I'm looking to setup SpamBayes on a larger scale (for an ISP).  I
see that the combination of sb_client.py and sb_xmlrpcserver.py are
the "spamc/spamd" of SpamBayes.

However, the docs are sb_xmlrpcserver.py are pretty sparse.  I've
looked around the CVS tree and searched on-line but haven't found much
help yet.  When I try running a server:

  /usr/local/bin/sb_xmlrpcserver.py -d 127.0.0.1:65000

I get:

  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/bin/sb_xmlrpcserver.py", line 42, in ?
      DEFAULTDB = hammie.DEFAULTDB
  AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DEFAULTDB'

My Python is pretty weak (I've only begun learning).  So I'm not sure
where to go with this.

I have created the database using "/usr/local/bin/sb_filter.py -n" and
I have .spambayesrc file in the "spam" user's directory:

  [Storage]
  persistent_use_database = True
  persistent_storage_file = /home/5/spam/.hammiedb

Can anyone shed some light onto what else I need to do?

Thanks,

Jeremy
<Jeremy at Zawodny.com>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/