[Spambayes] question on DB

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 22 23:53:30 EDT 2003

> I installed the outlook plug-in, and trained it.  Now, I'm
> wondering if there is any program that will allow me to access
> the .db file in a meaningful manner. What I'm trying to do is
> get an aggregate list of words in ALL my e-mail messages, along
> with their relative spamminess.  Is there a way?

You'll need a copy of the spambayes source (1.0a6, for example) to do
this.  If you open up a console window and navigate to the place to
expanded the archive to, run (your path may be different):

  c:\spambayes\> set pythonpath=c:\spambayes
  c:\spambayes\> scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -e -d mybayes.db -f
mybayes.db.export

Where mybayes.db is the default_bayes_database.db file, and
mybayes.db.export is a 'flat', '`' separated text file that you can open
in whatever you like.

Note that you'll also need to have Python installed to do this.  If you
feel that there is the need for a binary version of this tool, please
open a feature request via sourceforge, and it'll no doubt get added at
some point.