[Spambayes] error on attempting to export data

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 23 12:45:54 EDT 2003

    mark> I'm trying to use:
    mark> C:\spambayes>sb_dbexpimp.py -e -d default_bayes_database.db -f
    mark> mybayes.db.export

    mark> and the error i get is:

    mark> Traceback (most recent call last):
    mark>   File "C:\spambayes\sb_dbexpimp.py", line 100, in ?
    mark>     import spambayes.storage
    mark> ImportError: No module named spambayes.storage

    mark> I've dumped everything in one single directory because I thought
    mark> the error was caused by a path problem, but no dice. Can anyone
    mark> help?  thanks.

Mark,

How did you install SpamBayes?  From the top-level directory you would
normally execute

    python setup.py install

assuming the directory containing python.exe is on your PATH.  The result
would be the creation of a spambayes directory containing (among other
things) storage.py in Python's site-packages directory.  Later execution of

    python c:\spambayes\sb_dbexpimp.py ...

should be able to find spambayes.storage.

Skip