[Spambayes] sb_xmlrpcserver.py problems...

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 23 12:50:34 EDT 2003

    Jeremy> Now I'm looking to setup SpamBayes on a larger scale (for an
    Jeremy> ISP).  I see that the combination of sb_client.py and
    Jeremy> sb_xmlrpcserver.py are the "spamc/spamd" of SpamBayes.

    Jeremy> However, the docs are sb_xmlrpcserver.py are pretty sparse.

True.

    Jeremy> I've looked around the CVS tree and searched on-line but haven't
    Jeremy> found much help yet.  When I try running a server:

    Jeremy>   /usr/local/bin/sb_xmlrpcserver.py -d 127.0.0.1:65000

    Jeremy> I get:

    Jeremy>   Traceback (most recent call last):
    Jeremy>     File "/usr/local/bin/sb_xmlrpcserver.py", line 42, in ?
    Jeremy>       DEFAULTDB = hammie.DEFAULTDB
    Jeremy>   AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DEFAULTDB'

It appears it's been quite awhile since anyone actually used
sb_xmlrpcserver.py.  I took a stab at updating it to reflect current
reality.  The result is attached as a context diff against current CVS.  It
seems to work (that is, it doesn't generate a traceback) for me, however no
headers are inserted in the message returned to the client.  Perhaps someone
else will spot that problem.

Skip