[Spambayes] Slipup wrongly trained mail

Syver Enstad syver-en at online.no
Tue Sep 23 19:45:29 EDT 2003

"Meyer, Tony" <T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz> writes:

> If you are using the smptproxy in 'lookup message in cache' mode,
> then yes, it will untrain the message first, and then re-train it.

I don't have that option enabled.

> The other alternative is to find the message id (it's in the
> X-Spambayes-ID header) and paste this into the 'find message' query
> on the front page of the web interface.  You'll be presented with a
> review page with just that message.  If you train it, it will
> untrain first as needed.

Okay, so that was what the find form was about.

> Note that all of this assumes that the message is still in one of the
> caches, and that the messageinfo database hasn't been deleted between
> training.

I can't see how it could be in the cache as the cache disappears every
time I train. I've seen some places in the docs that it is possible to
retrain messages. I can't see how to do that when message is removed
from the cache the first time it is read. There is probably somethings
I don't understand here...

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad