[Spambayes] Advice on when to stop training.

Syver Enstad syver-en at online.no
Thu Sep 25 02:01:09 EDT 2003

"Meyer, Tony" <T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz> writes:

> Note that, unless you can be certain that you are sending the mails
> unaltered (few mail clients will let you do this), you should use
> the 'lookup message in cache' option for smtpproxy, which means
> storing th messages in the cache for a certain amount of time
> anyway.

So if I don't have the lookup message in cache option selected I can
train on messages and still have the cache turned off?

>Unless you are able to send mail unaltered (with procmail or
>something like that), then you should have the "lookup messages in
>cache" option enabled.

I am using Gnus 5.9.0 does that qualify as forwarding mails unchanged?
I guess not because forwarding puts the original message inside a MIME part.

>You also need to enter your smtp server details.

What do you mean??? Oh, you mean that one has to enter the SMTP details
to be able to use Spambayes as a proxy Smtpserver. I've already done
that and used it successfully (I think) for a couple of days now.

Thanks for helping me out again Tony!

--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad