[Spambayes] Problem with spambay

Tom Decaluwe tom.decaluwe at ecgroup.be
Thu Sep 25 04:54:21 EDT 2003

I’m running

Windows XP SP1

Spambayes outlook addin, binary version 0.81 (september 9 ,2003)

On outlook 2003 build 11.4920.4920 BETA

I have seen spambayes work once on my pc but since this it nolonger seems to
be doing real time monitoring. I can however start a filter of a mailbox and
have it cleanup the spam.

My logextract just after starting spambayes is:

Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\tom\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'

Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and Settings\tom\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'

Bayes database initialized with 323 spam and 66 good messages

SpamBayes Outlook Addin, Binary version 0.81 (September 9, 2003) starting
(with engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003))

on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 1)

using Python 2.3+ (#46, Aug  6 2003, 16:39:24) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]

SpamBayes: Watching for new messages in folder  Inbox

SpamBayes: Watching for new messages in folder  Junk E-mail

Processing missed spam in folder 'Inbox' by starting a timer

FAILED to add the toolbar item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' - (-2147352567,
'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147467259), None)

Deleted the dead popup control - re-creating

Saving configuration -> C:\Documents and Settings\tom\Application
Data\SpamBayes\Outlook.ini

Saving configuration -> C:\Documents and Settings\tom\Application
Data\SpamBayes\Outlook.ini

Does spambayes work on outlook 2003?

Kind regards,

Tom Decaluwé