[Spambayes] spam error...

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Sep 26 00:04:10 EDT 2003

> >     * If you execute
> >
> >         import whichdb, os
> >         from spambayes import Options
> >         dbfile = os.path.expanduser(Options.options["Storage",
> >
> "persistent_storage_file"])
> >         print whichdb.whichdb(dbfile)
>
> I'm new to python and had to fight with newlines first, but
> it says 'None'
>
> did I forgot to install something?

The utilities/which_database.py script should do something similar for
you, BTW.  "None" means that either the file doesn't exist (most likely)
or that it couldn't be read.  Does the file exist?

> surely not, I can't! why? here:
[...]
> TypeError: object does not support item assignment

This is a bug in 1.0a6.  It's fixed in cvs.  You should only come across
this if you have saved your options via the web interface and haven't
restarted sb_server.py.  I believe that it's most likely that your other
error is also caused by this.  Try restarting sb_server.py and *without
changing any options*, see if it works correctly.  It should certainly
shut down cleanly.

You might want to delete the database file (and the message_info one)
before doing this, if they exist.

> beyond this, I still have my config problems, that
> sb_server.py doesn't start the pop3 proxies automatically
> and that I have to reconfigure them first...

You'll need to fix this problem first.  See my other email.