[Spambayes] Can't Save Configuration

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sun Sep 28 01:27:27 EDT 2003

> Thanks for the reply, Tony.

No worries.

> I'm sure it was "changeopts". Sorry for the typo.

That's alright - I just wanted to eliminate one possible cause.

> However,
> I'm unable to check it now to make sure. (See below.

> > Was sb_server/pop3proxy definitely running at the time?
>
> pop3proxy was running. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able
> to access localhost:8880 at all, would I?

No, but if it was running at first, and stopped some time between
displaying the options page and you clicking 'save', that would be the
result.

> However, tonight when I tried to start it, I got an error!
> Here's the total output:
>
> >net start pop3proxy
> The SpamBayes Service service is starting..
> The SpamBayes Service service could not be started.
>
> A service specific error occurred: 1.
>
> More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3547.

Try running "pop3proxy_service.py debug" and see what it prints out.
Hopefully it'll be more use than netmsg 3547 :)  You could also try just
using sb_server/pop3proxy (is this 1.0a6 or 1.0a5?) for the moment.