[Spambayes] Bugreport / Problems with initial setup

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sun Sep 28 19:53:36 EDT 2003

> I get this on the "Select Filter Folders" page:
[...]
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/spambayes/ImapUI.py", line
> 195, in _login_to_imap
>     imap = IMAPSession(server, port)
>
> NameError: global name 'IMAPSession' is not defined

Thanks.  I've fixed this in cvs, so it'll be fixed for the next release.

[...]
> email.Errors.BoundaryError: multipart message with no defined boundary
>
> If I run it with -v, I can see at what point it died, and I
> found the message it died on.  It's spam (of course).  I
> think it's dying on this
> header:

This is bug #498103:
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498103&aid=737967&gro
up_id=61702>.  I'll try and get around to fixing this up soon.

> One additional thing is that after it died, I had two copies
> of all my messages.  One with a header "X-Spambayes-MailID"
> header, and one without, which was marked deleted.  I guess
> this is how SpamBayes checks if it's trained on that message
> already?  Why not use the Message-ID header if it exists?

Because it might not exist, and it might not be unique (it should be,
but then spam often doesn't follow the rules).  I know that recreating
the messages is ugly, but IMAP's an ugly protocol - if you could simply
alter a message (you can't even *move* a message between folders!), or
if servers were required to store user-defined flags, then there
wouldn't be a problem.