[Spambayes] pop3/smtp proxy with Outlook/Outlook Express (bug?)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sun Sep 28 20:01:56 EDT 2003

> I have looked into sb_smtpproxy.py source code, and found
> that the proxy examines the body part of email as well to
> find cached mail id. So I copied the original spambayes
> headers into the body and forwarded to the smtp
> proxy. It seemed to be working.

Yes, that would also work.  When I said that it wouldn't work with OE, I
meant without going through this sort of thing (finding the id then
pasting it into a message seems more hassle than just using the web
interface).

> "Could not extract id" message is not shown
> anymore. In the train_cached_message method, however, the
> if-statement prints "Could not find message...perhaps it was
deleted..."

Hopefully, exactly what it says :)  If you look in the three cache
folders, is there a file with the same name as the id?  If not, then it
has expired (the default is to last 7 days), and so can't be used for
training.

> (actually, I had to modify that line so that the strings are
> concatenated first due to the TypeError: not all arguments converted
> during string formatting -- a bug.)

Thanks, fixed that, too.