[Spambayes] Bayesian drawbacks?

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Sep 29 06:37:28 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am considering to install a spamfilter on my machine. However, I don't know
which one to choose. I have read about the Bayesian approach Spambayes is
using. As I understand it, Spambayes needs to be trained in order to be
useful. Isn't this a major drawback? Is it possible that a non-Bayesian
approach would much better suit my needs, or did I misunderstand the
Bayesian technique then?

yours,
Gerrit Holl.

--
104. If a merchant give an agent corn, wool, oil, or any other goods to
transport, the agent shall give a receipt for the amount, and compensate