[Spambayes] Compiled proxy as exe

David Bakin d.bakin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 30 20:59:40 EDT 2003

To run the proxy as a service I needed to go to Services (Control
Panel/Administrative Tools/Services) and set the login account of the
service to my login account - it got installed as Local System which doesn't
have access to networking.  I'm running XP Pro but I think the same goes for
XP Home.  If your control panel doesn't have "Administrative Tools" try this
at the Start/Run:

%SystemRoot%\system32\services.msc /s

(For %SystemRoot% substitute where you have Windows installed, usually
C:\WINDOWS)