[Spambayes] How to combine databases from multiple users?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Apr 5 20:04:29 EDT 2004

> So it would be best to simply export whole messages from each
> user's Outlook into RFC-2821 format files. This isn't easy
> because outlook can only export whole messages into PST
> format. There are ways to convert PST files into a collection
> of standard RFC-2821 mail text files, see here for one:
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=2002100306134721

Note that SpamBayes includes another way to do this.  The export.py script
in the Outlook2000 directory (of the source; it's not in the binary
distributions) will export all the messages in the folders that you've
selected in the "Training" tab into the standard SpamBayes testing format.
This is a "one file per message" format where the messages are standard
RFC-2821 files.  Each file is named with it's store/entry id.

=Tony Meyer

---