[Spambayes] Problem with Spambayes and OL2000

tomd tomd at philabyte.com
Tue Apr 6 11:09:27 EDT 2004

Hello;

	Here is the setup.  Windows 2000, SP4, all patches applied, Office
2000, Spambayes 1.0a9.

All installs and works fine. If I run a program that calls Outlook to start
and send a message it hangs the system until I close both the calling
program and Outlook. For example, I use PDFfactory to send Acrobat files to
e-mail recipients.  I open an app, print to PDFfactory and press the button
to send e-mail with acrobat as attachment. Normally after a few moments a
New message window will appear waiting to be addressed and sent.  If outlook
is already running all appears fine and works. If Outlook must be
called/started it will just sit there with Outlook appearing on the task
bar, but nothing more.  After thinking it was everything else, I was able to
replace the mapi32.dll files and all worked again, but Spambayes quit
working.  I, then re-installed spambayes and was back to where I started.
Any ideas.  Thanks.

	Tom