[Spambayes] Uninstalling Spambayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 6 18:34:10 EDT 2004

> I would like to remove Spambayes from my system.  I tried
> using the unistall feature on Windows Control Panel and it
> seemed to work OK, but Spambayes still appears on the toolbar
> and I cannot receive mail since doing the uninstall.

The failure to remove the toolbar is a known bug.  You just have to right
click on the toolbar, choose customize, select the SpamBayes toolbar and
click delete.

The Outlook plug-in doesn't affect how mail is received at all (it just does
some work when Outlook tells it that mail has arrived), so I can't see how
it would be effecting receiving mail.  The uninstall removes all the
spambayes code, so there shouldn't be anything left anyway.  (The toolbar
should just be an empty shell that doesn't actually work - if the toolbar
still works, then it's not uninstalled).

Perhaps you should try using Outlook's "Detect and Repair" function?

=Tony Meyer

---