[Spambayes] Question about training via the web interface

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 13 01:47:58 EDT 2004

> First, thanks for the explanation.

No worries.  (For a start, those that answer other people's mail here get
the good karma mentioned in the troubleshooting guides ;)

> Now, if I try to convert
> theory into practice, this is what I understand:
> 1) I should train SB only on its mistakes or failure to categorize.

IMO you'll get better results doing this, yes.

> 2) The way to do it would be to change the web interface
> default to 'discard' (so that all messages that were
> identified correctly would not be used to train)
> 3) Click on the appropriate radio button only on those
> messages that SB either mis-categorized that it was unsure about.

Yes.  You could leave it as is, and individually click the 'discard' button
(or 'discard' header) each time, but this would be easiest.