[Spambayes] Question about training via the web interface

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Apr 13 14:06:38 EDT 2004

    Tony> ... "train to exhaustion" (complex; there's a Robinson blog about
    Tony> it).  From what I've seen, I'd say that "train to exhaustion"
    Tony> gives the best results, but is very slow ...

I use train-to-exhaustion and don't find it particularly slow (takes a few
minutes per run).  Note that I don't t-t-e for each message I want to train
on.  Instead, I let new hams and spams pile up for awhile and train a couple
times a day.  I have a shell script which wraps the tte.py Python script in
contrib.  It's specific to my environment, but I'm more than happy to make
it available if anybody wants a copy.

Skip