[Spambayes] Whitelisting with Outlook 2003

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 13 20:30:41 EDT 2004

> (it looks like SpamBayes kicks in *after*
> the message has been exposed to all the rules, at least with
> Outlook 2003 + Exchange).

This is the idea behind the (now default) "background filtering" option.  It
ensures that SpamBayes always follows the rules.  With that option off, it's
anyone's guess as to who sees a message first.  This should be the case with
any version of Outlook, and with or without Exchange (in fact, rules running
on Exchange, which includes most, should run before SpamBayes even without
this option).

=Tony Meyer

---