[Spambayes] Whitelisting

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Wed Apr 14 01:09:30 EDT 2004

[Tim]
>> I just bought a new box, w/ WinXP Pro & Outlook 2003.

[Tony]
> Oh no!  Don't tell me we just lost our Win98 tester?  <0.9 wink>

Nope!  I'll reveal a trick of the trade:  Win98SE has the most erratic
scheduling of any OS in existence.  Because I happen to work professionally
on multi-process multi-threaded software, that makes Win98 my most valuable
testing platform:  I can often provoke thread errors on Win98 in seconds
that can't be provoked in a month on a Linux box.

So I'll keep a Win98 box around until I get a real job <wink>.

What *did* change is that I'm not bothering with Berkeley DB anymore:  the
new box has a gigabyte of RAM, and even a giant pickled dict fits in a small
corner of that (and runs a lot faster than bsddb).