[Spambayes] Whitelisting

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 14 01:19:13 EDT 2004

> What *did* change is that I'm not bothering with Berkeley DB
> anymore:  the new box has a gigabyte of RAM, and even a giant
> pickled dict fits in a small corner of that (and runs a lot
> faster than bsddb).

It's been quite some time since we've seen a DBRunRecoveryError reported, so
I'm somewhat hopeful that we've eliminated the main causes of that problem
(or have put off the users that tend to experience it ;).  IIRC that was the
main reason that you switched to Berkeley DB anyway.

The one report that I recall recently was how to deliberately provoke it,
but it involved more than one SpamBayes process accessing the database at
one time, which we happily admit we don't support, or XP corrupting the
database for us when synchronising (no idea what to do about that).