[Spambayes] getting started

Peter Parslow peterparslow at onetel.net.uk
Thu Apr 15 17:37:04 EDT 2004

Hi,
I've downloaded & installed spambayes. I set the POP3 servers up in
the configuration page & set my mail client to connect to "localhost",
all as per the instructions.

Then I tell my mail client to fetch mail - and it responds saying the
POP server has indicated that I haven't provided the correct password.

Not surprising, I suppose, as I can't see anywhere that I can tell
spambayes what user name & password to provide. From the lack of
instructions, I'd assume that it somehow passes through the
username/password provided by my email client, but that doesn't
seem to happen.

I'm using Pegasus Mail v4.02 over Windows XP Home.

Peter