[Spambayes] uncaptured python exception

Cliff Brake cbrake at accelent.com
Fri Apr 16 08:44:14 EDT 2004

Spambayes has been working great for me, except it always eventually gets to
the point where I can't do any more training using the proxy.  Has anyone
seen the following error?  I am willing to do some debugging, but it would
help if someone can point me in the right direction.

Running the spambayes proxy on Fedora Core1.

error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel
<spambayes.smtpproxy.BayesSMTPProxy connected at 0x989238c>
(exceptions.NameError:global name 'message_from_string' is not defined