[Spambayes] Re: Cannot connect to socket with sb_bnserver.py

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 16 12:08:43 EDT 2004

    Remi> I was in the spambayes/script directory when I was trying to run
    Remi> sb_bnfilter.py.

    >> sb_bnserver.py was run with /usr/bin/python.  The solution was to
    >> prepend $HOME/local/bin to my PATH early in my .procmailrc file:
    >>
    >> PATH=$HOME/local/bin:$PATH

    Remi> I add the path to python to PATH and also the path to
    Remi> sb_bnfilter.py, sb_bnserver.py and I still get the same error.

What happens if you run sb_bnserver.py standalone like:

    sb_bnserver -a 2 /tmp/test-socket

?  Does it exit quickly with a traceback or sit there quietly for two
seconds before exiting?

    Remi> Where can I find the information for the error code 111 ??

I'm not sure.  I would have thought /usr/include/sys/errno.h, but it's not
there in plain site.  There's probably a .h file in /usr/include somewhere
with a macro defined to that value.  You could grep for it (or grep for
6[fF] in case it's defined in hex).

Skip