[Spambayes] Re: Cannot connect to socket with sb_bnserver.py

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Mon Apr 19 09:55:04 EDT 2004

On Monday 19 April 2004 14:17, papaDoc wrote:

> >if so, the following command will create a log file of all
> >syscalls. Im sure that will contain the answer. Email me (off-list) or
> > make it available for download.
> >
> >echo test| strace -tt -f -o trace.txt python contrib/sb_bnfilter.py
>
> I will send you the file in another email

interesting.

that strace log shows that unlink("/home/ricard/.sbbnsock-modeleT") fails with
ENOENT, so the socket does not exist.

But connect to that socket is failing with ECONNREFUSED. Thats strange..... I
would expect ENOENT there too. (sb_bnfilter takes ECONNREFUSED to mean that
there is already a live server process that hasnt quite finished
initialisation yet, so on your machine it never forked)

Is that any clue to you?

--
Toby Dickenson